The Summer Youth Touch 2021 Competition is just around the corner, with Team Registrations and Expresion of Interest open
About Touch Rugby
A sport derived from rugby; it places emphasis on running, agility, and ball handling abilities which includes eye-hand coordination for passing and catching balls.
As a toned down version of conventional rugby without its numbing physical tackles, it’s an excellent sport anyone can play regardless of their experience, gender, or age. As a fast-paced action-oriented sport, touch is a cool way to burn tons of calories while having fun.
The game involves lots of running, moving, and other physical activities, which ensures players are getting in loads of workout time that keeps them fit. It also boosts bone and muscle strength and body coordination all in a fun social atmosphere.
Frequently asked questions
- Unfortunately, we are unable to accept individual player registrations. If you cannot form your own team with friends, you may email us with your details and we can pass them on to any team who emails us looking for players.
- In response to Junior member demand we will be taking Expressions of Interest from individual players seeking to join a team in our Touch Rugby eXtreme Summer Social Competition.
- Touch Rugby eXtreme encourages players and families to continue to arrange their own teams as per previous sports and experiences, and recommended team numbers, in readiness for when team registrations open.
- For players who wish to register as an Individual, Touch Rugby eXtreme will be releasing an EOI for you to complete. Please follow us on Facebook and Instagram for further updates.
- Please do not complete the EOI for individual players if you are already in a team.
- Please email us with your details and we will put you in touch with any players who have contacted us looking for a team.
- Players are automatically registered once their team has registered and paid the registration costs. Please click on the link available on our website.
- Please check our website under Competition after 2pm on the day of the competition, as we do not find out whether the fields are open until this time.
- If your team needs to forfeit your game, please contact our Admin Manager by 2pm on game day (preferably as soon as you know) so that we have enough time to inform the other team.
- In the case of a forfeit the offending team does not receive any points on the competition table. The non-offending team will be counted as a team on a bye and any rules associated with a bye team will apply. However, they receive 3 competition points and the game is scored as a five (5) – zero (0) victory for junior competition games and nine (9) – zero (0) victory for senior competition games.
- Please contact our Administration Manager